We assume that by using the website and its services, the User has acquiesced to the possible collection and processing of personal information.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DATA PROCESSING?
The webshop shop.SmartGames.eu is an initiative of:
Company number (VAT BE): 0448.827.611.
Telephone number: +32 15 45 10 50
2. TO WHICH ENDS WILL MY PERSONAL DATA BE USED?
We collect and process your personal information for one overarching goal, i.e. to offer you a safe, comfortable and personalized experience each time you visit the website or web shop. Dependant on whether the user makes intensive use of the website or relies on certain services, the collection of personal data may be more extensive.
The information we collect about you is essential and primarily processed to help us ensure the proper technical functioning of our website and the related services. Your personal data will only be processed for the following (internal) puroposes:
- To allow the Users acces to a user account and making a purchase via our webshop.
- To provide and improve our standard and customized services, including billing and invoicing, offering information, newsletters and useful or necessary offers, collecting and processing users’ opinions, as well as providing support.
- To detect and offer protection against all fraud, errors and/or criminal behaviours on the website.
When visiting the website of Smart NV certain data will be processed for statistical purposes. Such data are necessary in order to optimize the efficiency of our website. These data consist of: IP address, geographic location during consultation, hours and days of consultation and the visited pages. When visiting the website of Smart NV, the User gives his implied consent to the data collection for statistical purposes as described above.
The User is responsible for the provision of personal data to Smart NV, and can exercise a certain degree of control. If certain information is incomplete or seemingly incorrect, Smart NV reserves the right to, temporarily or permanently, postpone certain actions.
Personal data are primarily processed for Smart NV’s internal purposes. This is why we can assure you that your personal data will not be sold, rented out or otherwise transferred to any third party related to us. Smart NV has taken all legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use.
During a visit to the website, we can store ‘cookies’ on your computer’s hard drive. This is merely done to improve the experience of the recurrent visitor. Cookies are essential for us in order to optimise your visit on our website. Cookies can, for example, remember every technical choice you have made (e.g. language settings), which helps us offer you more relevant services and suggestions and thus optimizes your experience on this website.
When visiting the website of Smart NV, we recommend that you enable cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Without enabling cookies, it is possible that we will not be able to offer you a full service on our website. If, however, you feel the urgent need to restrict, block or remove cookies, we gladly explain you how to manage your browser settings:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click on ‘Internet Options’ in the ‘Extra’ menu.
- Under the ‘Privacy’ tab, set the settings to ’low’ or ‘accept all cookies’ (any setting above ‘medium’ will disable cookies).
- Click on 'OK'.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click on ‘Firefox’ in the top left corner of your browser and then select ‘Options’.
- Under the ‘Privacy’ tab, make sure ‘Tell websites I do not want to be tracked’ is not ticked.
- Click on ‘OK’.
For Google Chrome
- Click on ‘Extra’ in the top of your browser window and select ‘Options’.
- Under the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, look for 'Privacy' and select ‘Content Settings’.
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’.
- Click on to ‘Cog’ icon in the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Click on ‘Security’ and then tick the option that says: ‘Block cookies from third parties and advertisers’.
- Click 'Save'.
Or check with the help function of your internet browser.
5. MY RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT.
Every user can be assured that his personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully by Smart NV. Personal data will only be processed for the legitimate purposes that have been described above. Smart NV guarantees that the data-processing will always be sufficient, proportionate and not excessive. The User enjoys following guarantees:
- Each user can oppose the processing of his personal data. This right to object exists only if there are sufficient legitimate and weighty grounds relating to his particular situation. The exceptions provided in article 5, (b) and (c) of the Privacy Act are also applicable to this right to object. The user may at any time, free of charge and without justification oppose the proposed processing of personal data if those data were obtained for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Each user who proves his identity has a right of access to all information regarding the processing of his personal data by Smart NV, as defined in the Privacy Act. This includes information on whether or not data is being processed, the purposes of the processing, the categories of data being processed and the categories of recipients to whom the data is being provided.
- Smart NV attaches a great importance to an accurate data collection. Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can therefore always be improved or even deleted. Since it is impossible for us to continuously be aware of any mistakes, incompleteness or falseness of your personal data, it is up to the user to report inaccuracies or omissions and to perform the necessary adjustments regarding one’s registration details.
It is up to the User to call upon these rights when desired. The user shall exercise his right through a signed, written request to Smart NV, by post or e-mail to . Please attach a proof of identity, e.g. a copy of your ID-card, when filing a request. Smart NV will undertake the appropriate action within fifteen (15) working days following a request.